|3||100n||CAPACITOR||C0603||C41, C42, C48||Non-Polarized capacitor.|
|5||1u||CAPACITOR||C0805||C43, C44, C45, C46, C47||Non-Polarized capacitor.|
|2||THONKICONN||THONKICONN-MOD||3.5mm socket for Eurorack modular synths|
|1||MCP1702-5||REGULATOR-MCP1702INLINE||TO92-INLINE||IC10||VOLTAGE REGULATOR. Be sure to get the MCP1702-5.|
|1||TINY85-20-DIP||IC-ATTINYTINY85-20-DIP||DIP08||U5||Atmel 8-pin 2/4/8kB flash uC|
|3||b10k||POT||9MM SNAP-IN||DURATION, FREQ, SHAPE||9mm vertical snap-in pot, Alpha / Panasonic style with 6mm built-in knob.|
|1||DIP 8 SOCKET||Socket for 8-pin DIP IC|
- Clean the PCB with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Solder the surface-mount components to the PCB.
- The two diodes on the top left are M7 or 1N4007 rectifier diodes. Make sure the polarity is correct.
- The three small unlabelled footprints (0603 size) are 100n bypass capacitors.
- Pin 1 for the TL072 IC is by the large white dot.
- If using hot-air or an oven to solder the surface-mount components then do this now.
- Add the 8-pin DIP socket.
- Inspect all of the soldered components for solder bridges between pins and components, especially around the OpAmps.
- Solder the Tile-Tail power cable. The lead should be inserted on the component side of the PCB and soldered on the side with the jacks.
- Solder the jacks and pots to the front of the PCB.
- Attach the front panel.
- Inspect PCB for solder bridges between components, loose solder balls, tombstones, etc.
- Before powering the module for the first time ensure there are no power shorts. Check that there is no continuity between the pins on the power cable, and across the opamp bypass capacitors (unlabelled 0603 components).
- Apply power. Pin 8 (bottom right) on the IC socket should have 5 volts, plus or minus a few millivolts.
- Unplug power and add the microcontroller IC. Pin 1 has a dimple and should be in the top right corner.
- Turn power on and feed a trigger into the input. You should hear the kick sound and the controls should change the settings.