PCB and Schematic:
|2||100n||Capacitor||0603||Note Package! Unlabelled on PCB|
|2||1k||Trim Pot||6mm top adjustment.||http://www.taydaelectronics.com/potentiometer-variable-resistors/trimmers/6mm-top-adjustment.html|
|1||B10k||Potentiometer||9MM SNAP-IN||9mm vertical snap-in pot, Alpha / Panasonic style with 6mm built-in knob.|
|2||M7||Diode||DO214AA||1n4007 or equivalent||https://octopart.com/search?q=rectifier&start=0&category_ids=4226&specs2.2.values=SMA&specs2.330.numbers=(50__200)&specs2.313.numbers=1&sort=median_price_1000&sort-dir=asc|
|4||THONKICONN||3.5mm Audio Jack||THONKICONN||3.5mm socket for Eurorack modular synths||http://shop.erthenvar.com/collections/accessories/products/3-5mm-inline-jacks||https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/3-5mm-jacks/|
|1||Tile Tail||"Futaba J" Tile Tail.||http://pulplogic.com/product/tile-tail/|
|2||TL072||SO08||Almost any dual opamp can be used.|
PCB Corrections:PCB version “VCOTiles28″only:Cut the trace between the capacitor and middle lead of top trimmer. The cut is displayed as a red line on the PCB diagram above.When all components are added, solder a wire between the other side of the capacitor and the middle trimmer lead (shown in orange on PCB diagram above.)
- Clean the PCB with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Solder the surface-mount components to the PCB.
- Begin with resistors and capacitors.
- The small unlabelled footprints (0603 size) are 100n capacitors.
- The two large unlabelled footprints near the power header are M7/1n4007 diodes. Make sure the polarity is correct.
- Finally, add the OpAmp, making sure it’s in the correct position (pin 1 is by the large white dot).
- If using hot-air or an oven to solder the surface-mount components then do this now.
- Inspect all of the soldered components for solder bridges between pins and components, especially around the OpAmp.
- Solder the two trimmers.
- Solder the Tile-Tail power lead. Trim the exposed front-side ends if they interfere with the jacks.
- Solder the front components (pot and four jacks). It’s a good idea to put the panel on before soldering to make sure they are aligned.
- Again inspect all of the soldered components for solder bridges between pins.